Welcome to the Official Website of TRAMECH IX
Dear colleagues and researchers
Under The High Patronage of His Majesty King Mohammed VI of Morocco,
The presidency of the Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, the Faculty of Science Dhar El Marhraz, the Organizing Committee, the Scientific Committee of TRAMECH, the Moroccan Group of Heterocyclic Chemistry and the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) are pleased to announce that TRAMECH IX will be organized in Fez, Morocco, on November 22-25, 2017.
Park Palce Hotel 5* has been selected as the conference venue, providing under-one-roof facilities.
TRAMECH IX is open to all international scientists, from universities and industry, interested in the various aspects of heterocyclic chemistry.
The principal objective of TRAMECH IX 2017, which follows the previous meetings (see below), is to reinforce and develop the scientific exchanges among the countries of the Mediterranean area in the field of heterocyclic chemistry. This meeting will also help foster the next generation of leading researchers by establishing sustainable collaborative relations among research and/or education institutions around the world.
Prof. Anouar Alami (Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, Morocco)
Prof. Saverio Florio (University of Bari, Italy)
Chairmen of the TRAMECH IX
A BIT OF HISTORY OF TRAMECH
The first TRAMECH was held in Marseille, France, in 2000. A large number of chemists from the Mediterranean countries and further afield world participated and shared their ideas with great enthusiasm. They appreciated the high quality and interactive nature of this Colloquium. The TRAMECH IX follows on from:
- TRAMECH VIII (Antalya, Turquie) 2015
- TRAMECH VII (Rabat, Maroc) 2013
- TRAMECH VI (Tunis, Tunisie) 2009
- TRAMECH V (Tafila, Jordanie) 2007
- TRAMECH IV (Aveiro, Portugal) 2006
- TRAMECH III (Marrakech, Maroc) 2004
- TRAMECH II (Bari, Italie) 2002
- TRAMECH I (Marseille, France) 2000
THE MAIN GOALS OF TRAMECH IX ARE:
The main goals of TRAMECH IX are:
- Presenting the latest research carried out in the field of heterocyclic chemistry by scientists and students from universities in the Mediterranean countries and all over the world
- Providing opportunities for the delegates to exchange new ideas and application experiences
- Establishing research relations and finding global partners for future collaboration
Scientific program TRAMECH IX will consist of :
- Plenary lectures.
- Invited lectures.
- Short oral communications.
- Posters will be accepted until the capacity is reached.
- Round table.
The final program will be announced before October 1, 2017.
The main topics of TRAMECH IX are:
• New approaches to the synthesis of heterocyclic
• Heterocycles with Pharmaceutical Interest
• Heterocycles of Agrochemical Interest
• Drug design
• Organic materials and nanomaterials
• Study of complexation reactions of heterocycles
• Electrochemical studies of heterocycles
• Physicochemical studies of heterocycles
• Medicinal and aromatic plants
• Chemistry: Economic and environmental issues
• New chemistry for sustainable development
• Chemistry and the Knowledge Economy
Fez was the capital city of modern Morocco until 1925 and is now the capital of the Fès-Meknès administrative region. The city has two old medina quarters, the larger of which is Fes El Bali. It is listed as a World Heritage Site and is believed to be one of the world's largest urban pedestrian zones. University of Al Quaraouiyine, founded in 859, is the oldest continuously functioning university in the world. The city has been called the "Mecca of the West" and the "Athens of Africa".
Located by the Atlas Mountains, Fez has a Mediterranean climate with a strong continental influence, shifting from cold and rain in the winter to dry and hot days in the summer months between June and September. Rainfall can reach up to 600 mm (24 in) per year. The winter highs typically reach only 15 °C in December–January. The highest temperatures ever recorded in the city are 46.7 °C respectively in the summer. In November, the weather is moderate, the temperature ranges from 15°C to 25° C .
The city is served by Saïss Airport. It also has an ONCF train station with lines east to Oujda and west to Tangier and Casablanca
For more information, please visit the website designed in French : www.fescity.com